Queensbury Academy has an integrated approach to meeting the special needs of all pupils.
This may be done through classroom support, individual work, booster classes, short-term intensive sessions or longer periods of help. The Academy has embraced the new SEN framework so that:
- The educational needs of all pupils are met effectively throughout the Academy
- Pupils with special educational needs have full access to the National Curriculum
- Pupils with special educational needs are able to take part fully in all aspects of Academy life
- Pupils with the greatest need have appropriate access to external support agencies
- Information about children with special educational needs is collected and shared across the Academy so appropriate learning targets can be negotiated
- Parents are kept fully informed about their child's learning needs and they understand the ways in which parents and the Academy can work in partnership to meet those needs
- The appropriate resources are available to meet the needs of pupils with special educational needs.
Our Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs G O’Meara and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line enter ‘FAO Mrs O’Meara, SENDCo’
Available to download SEND Policy.
Soon available to download SEND Local Offer.